In Mission Together
Church Street serves our community with fervent love. Through the following hubs, we provide service, access, and quality care to our neighbors in need throughout our local community.
Join us in 2023 for the following Mission Events:
- January 29: Cost of Poverty Experience (learn more and sign up by CLICKING HERE).
- February 12: Souper Bowl of Caring Food Drive to support Beacon of Hope.
- March 25-26: Missions Weekend
To get involved, please contact Rev. Palmer Cantler at pcantler AT churchstreetumc DOT org or call 865-521-0298.
Ongoing Mission Efforts in Knoxville and Surrounding Area:
- Beacon of Hope in the Vestal community
- Soup Kitchen
- Sharing Shops
- Wesley House Community Center
- Community School of the Arts
(which calls Church Street home as its practice and performance space)
- Justice Knox
- Church Street Preschool
- Sterchi Lodge
Seasonal and Annual Mission Projects:
- School Supplies Drives
- Habitat for Humanity Builds
- Family Promise (through Church of the Ascension)
- Annual Holston Conference Hands-On Mission Projects
- Lenten Missions Countdown
- Semi-Annual Mission Days of Service
Church Street is a member of the Holston Conference and part of the global United Methodist Church. We participate regularly in activities within the conference, as well as global UMC efforts, such as UMCOR, to bring services to communities in need around the world. UMCOR is the United Methodist Committee on Relief and is the global humanitarian aid and development organization of the United Methodist Church. UMCOR is a nonprofit 5013 organization operated under the auspices of the General Board of Global Ministries.
While Church Street’s main mission focus is in our own Knoxville backyard, we also support missionaries who are helping communities nationally at a UMC outpost in Willow, Alaska, and internationally at an orphanage in South Sudan.
For more information about Church Street missions, please contact Associate Pastor Palmer Canter at 865-521-0298 or pcantler AT churchstreetumc DOT org.
For more information about Beacon of Hope, please contact Beth Kahn at beaconofhopevestal AT gmail DOT com.