Join us in-person and online for worship each Sunday!
At the church: 8:30 and 11 am
Click here to register for an upcoming in-person service at 900 Henley Street (Covid-19 protocol)
YouTube: 11 am (Link)
For in-person worship, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- All parking lots are available.
- Please “check in” when you arrive. Enter through Welcome Center or Henley Street doors. Volunteers will greet you and check you in from the pre-registration list. This is required per our Covid-19 protocol.
- Please wear your mask correctly for the entirety of your time on campus. The mask should cover your mouth and nose, and anyone over age 2 should wear a mask. You may remove your mask if taking communion.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout the worship area.
- Elements will be individually wrapped on the Sundays we celebrate communion. Gluten-free options are available.
- Restrooms are available in the Welcome Center. Please ensure there are no more than three people in the restroom at one time so that a physical distance may be maintained.
- Elevators are available in the Welcome Center lobby.
- All ages are welcome at the services, but please keep in mind that members of the same household should not mingle with other households and that child care cannot be provided at this time.
Worship at Church Street
At Church Street UMC, worship is a central part of our life together. We gather together as a community to worship God with traditions of beautiful classical music, timely liturgies and prayers, holy communion (celebrated the first Sunday of each month), baptism (all ages), contemporary preaching, and interactive rituals. Our hope is to experience the mystery and joy of God’s presence so that we can go into the world to share God’s message of love through the witness of our lives.
During the Covid-19 pandemic, we are gathering online for worship and are offering some outdoor opportunities as well.
Sundays at 10:00 am on WBXX-TV
Beginning April 4, 2021, Rejoice! moved to a new time and channel: 10 am on WBXX-TV (check local listings). Rejoice!, our 30-minute television show, is aired on Sunday mornings. Each show features a sermon by our clergy and offerings from one or more of our choirs, soloists or instrumentalists.
Wednesdays at Noon – currently suspended due to Covid-19
Our Midweek Communion Service is held at noon in the Chapel. Join us for this brief period of quiet worship at a service which includes readings from the Bible, responsive readings, prayer, a short homily, and the observance of Holy Communion. The service typically lasts 30 minutes. Lunch follows in room 118. Cost is $8, which includes a salad, dessert and beverage. To help us in planning, please call the church office at 865-524-3048 to make lunch reservations.
Special and seasonal services are offered throughout the year to observe the high holy days of the Christian year, primarily during Advent and Lent.
Parking at Church Street
Sunday Parking: Our most accessible lot is located on Hill Avenue. We ask that this lot be reserved for visitors, those with mobility issues and families with small children. There are also a limited number of spaces in front of the church for visitors and special needs guests. There is also parking located on lower Hill Avenue, next to the Christian Life Center, and in the Cumberland Avenue parking lot below the special needs parking. Our golf cart ministry will pick you up from the Cumberland lot or the lower Hill Lot and shuttle you to the door on Sunday mornings.
For Members and Visitors: First and most importantly, church members and visitors are always welcome to park at the church. If you are a member, please make sure to obtain your parking decal and display it in the lower driver’s side corner of your windshield. Decals are available in the church main office.
Church Street UMC does provide general parking on UT home football game days.
During Covid-19: Parking is $20 per regular space during the Pandemic and we will begin parking 2 hours prior to kick-off. No tailgating is currently permitted and restrooms are not available. Parking is first-come, first-served.
During a regular season:
We charge for the number of spaces you take up, including tailgating.
Parking is first come, first served. We do not reserve parking ahead of time.
The main entrance for parking is located on Cumberland Ave. (the Convention Center side of the church). The main entrance will open first. Other lots will open as needed. Please do not park in any lot until a parking attendant is on duty.