Church Street Careers
Digital Media Specialist (part-time)
Church Street United Methodist Church in downtown Knoxville, TN, seeks a part-time digital media specialist to support the church’s growing communications needs and outreach / digital ministry. The position requires 12 hours per week, with a flexible, all-remote schedule as determined with the Director of Communications. The successful candidate will have meaningful professional experience using and analyzing social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and YouTube and will demonstrate proficiency in WordPress.
- Create original pieces of content for digital media platforms, including: Church Street website, social media posts and promotions, some emails, and some cross-posted print/digital content (Church Street’s newsletter The Messenger)
- Engage with followers on our digital media platforms
- Maintain and update church website with blogs, news, photos, videos, or other content prepared by members, community partners, clergy members and staff
- Analyze digital media data to inform digital media strategy with Director of Communications
- As needed, serve as an editor for special digital media projects
- As needed, serve as a photographer or videographer at events or special services, particularly for social media content
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in communications, journalism or digital media AND/OR meaningful professional experience in the field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to write and edit on-the-go and proofread all content
- Meticulous attention to and appreciation for detail
- Self-starter who can make and meet deadlines and adhere to growing editorial calendar by planning ahead while working remotely – holding one’s self accountable is a must
- Work efficiently with individuals who possess beginner or advanced digital media skillsets
- Reliable remote Internet connection and ability to meet weekly with Director of Communications via Zoom.
To apply, please send the following:
- cover letter detailing your interest in the position
- two samples of your original digital media work
to Katie Strangis, Director of Communications, firstname.lastname@example.org by September 14.