Weekly Prayers for the Church Street Family
Week of February 16, 2022
Rev. Jan Buxton Wade
Awaken us, we pray, to your Spirit-filled blessings that encircle the quiet earth. In our quest to “do” we forget you have called us to “be.” We confess we walk about with eyes closed to your splendors, but you display them for us anew every day: from the dew-crusted grass to the robin nibbling berries on a holly, from the faint rustle of the evergreen to the blue-white peaks in the distance, from the evening shadows across the lawn to the familiar face that welcomes us home. Deserving of so little, you place riches on our doorsteps. Open not only our eyes, but our souls as well, to your grace overflowing.
Lord of All, we thank you!
We praise you, Architect of Faith, for our church, and for all who have gone out from this place to serve you throughout the world through the decades. Week to week you call your willing workers from within our congregation to serve their fellow human beings in this community. We marvel at their tenacity and dedication as they go out to share food and clothing, to tend to the sick, to provide emotional support for school children, to welcome the stranger to the table, to advocate for just and equal opportunity for all. These followers teach us that your work is not finished, Lord, and that there are many ways in which each of us may use our personal gifts to carry your banner of hope.
Lord of All, we praise you!
God of Healing, here in your presence, we cannot ask for assistance for ourselves without offering praise for your divine work as we have wrestled with the Corona virus and its variants. It is you who pointed the way to healing, who emboldened professionals to serve despite the risks, who stood beside each grieving soul touched by this devastating illness. You have brought us this far, Firmest Friend, and you will never leave us comfortless.
Lord of All, we honor you!
In all humility, we now pray you would be mindful of the needs of those who are closest to our hearts: . . . . . . . . . . ; and also of those special circumstances of our brothers and sisters in Christ here at Church Street:
- Praises for those who are being called to join our church on Sunday
- Thankful for friend’s miraculous healing from Covid
- Daughter grateful for father’s recent health improvement
- Thankful: Member improves daily following surgery
- Member grateful for prayers for her wedding
- Thanksgiving: All in one assisted living are negative for Covid
- Prayers for those who have tested positive for Covid; prayers for relief from frustrations of rearranging family routines
- One grateful for support during a family bereavement
- Mother thankful that daughter does not need surgery
- Prayers for a good position for a young professional
- Prayers for proper caregivers to be found for infirm sister
- Prayers for young friend in hospice care & her grieving husband, their friends and family
- Prayers for elementary students grieving the death of a classmate and for the educators who comfort them
- Guidance for care of sister who suffered massive stroke
- Prayers for daughter beginning proton therapy
- Family friend with cancer, for a route to healing
- Continued prayers for infirm uncle
- For an open door to healing within a broken family
- Comfort for families of church families in mourning
- Son thankful for successful heart procedure for his father
- Prayer for a co-worker who has many family responsibilities and has tested positive for Covid
- Prayers for adult children who are moving and settling into new jobs.
- For a daughter-in-law who died from Covid and for her husband who is also suffering.
- For a niece whose husband died after a fall.
- Prayers for those beginning Stephen Ministry training
- Thankful that one who had suffered for so long is now in God’s Eternal Love and Light
- For a father who is near death
- Prayers for a friend struggling with divorce amidst a change in job location; prayers for the children
- Prayers for a cousin undergoing complicated liver surgery
- Prayers for a daughter undergoing IVF procedures and for the grandparents who are so hopeful
- Prayers for a beloved wife and mother in hospital
- Prayers for healing after serious eye injury and extensive surgery
- Prayers for a long-time employment who has lung damage from Covid
- Thankful for a mother who is going home after a long rehabilitation; prayers for continued strength
We offer this prayer and the prayers that remain unspoken in our hearts in the name of our Lord, Jesus Christ, and hear us now as we pray the prayer he taught:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.