On November 11-13, we are heading to the mountains for a weekend of intention worship, fellowship, study, and prayer. It is one of the highlights of the year for many of us! Please use the info below to prepare your hearts and minds for the days ahead.
- sleeping bag or twin sized linens
- water bottle
- warm clothes, casual clothes (bring a flannel if you have one)
- shoes for walking & hiking
- coat, gloves, & hat
- rain jacket (just in case)
- snack to share (individually packaged please!)
- Late Arrival/Early Departure — If you have a conflict and need to either arrive late or leave early, please let Jenny know the specifics by Wednesday, November 9.
- Release Form — Everyone must complete release forms for both Church Street & Locust Springs. Please use the links below to access them.
- Rooming — Students will be sleeping in cabins with 8 individuals per room.
- Sickness Policy — If a student becomes ill while we are at Doe River, we will contact parents and ask that you plan to come and pick them up.
Church Street Youth Annual Release Form
Preparing for SLA
Our prayer for this weekend is that it would be one of restoration, connection, and hope. SLA stands for Spiritual Life Advance, and we are believing that God will grow our faiths as we spending time with Him away from the pressures of everyday life. Here are some ways your can intentionally prepare your hearts and minds for this special time.
- Prayer — Spend time in intentional prayer leading up to SLA. Ask God to be with you and protect you, to help you learn and grow, to heal brokenness and restore joy. Lift up anything on your heart to Him!
- Worship — We have created a playlist of all the songs we will be singing over the weekend. Listen to it over the next couple of weeks! Listen here.
- Reflection — Consider where you find yourself at this point in the school year. Worn out? Excited? Hopeful? Discouraged? Disconnected? Stuck? Energized? Bring those things to Him and come to SLA aware of where you are in your life.