BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Prayers for the Church Street Family
October 13, 2020
Rev. Dr. Jan Buxton Wade
O Great Physician, once a leper came to Jesus and said: I wish to be made clean.” Today we come before you with that same prayer in our hearts, for we carry many burdens and require renewal: There are the cruel words we spoke, the upheavals we may have brought about in our lives, the relationships we have failed to mend, the damage we have inflicted upon your creation, the part we have played in the world’s unrest, our fear of the future and our fear of those who are different. Lord, we lay our burdens down at the foot of the cross, believing that, as you cleansed the leper, you would also purify us.
God of Mercy, hear our prayer.
Good Lord, as you have emptied us of those timeworn burdens, we stand ready to receive all those things which your cross represents. We ask to be filled with the compassion, kindness, wisdom, courage, strength, forgiveness, and joy that were so deeply rooted in our wounded Savior. And because of your merciful healing, may we make this day a continuous prayer of praise to you. Should we find challenges in the hours to come, may we see them as opportunities to live out our recommitment to you and as testimony to your reclamation.
God of Mercy, hear our prayer.
Constant One, we ask for your loving care for all who are in need, and these special ones who are close to our hearts . . . . . . . . And watch over these friends and loved ones who have asked to be remembered in prayer. These we share with the One who bore the greatest of life’s burdens for our sake:
- Grateful for prayers: daughter in TX & husband recovering from virus
- One sends gratitude for prayers for her during her Bar exam
- One celebrating medical news that chemo is not necessary
- Thankful that a hospitalized mother is greatly improved
- Member facing a second kidney surgery, for pain relief & healing
- Prayers for guidance for a member making a weighty decision
- Healing prayers for broken family, for reconciliation, for children
- Continued prayers for older parents who recover from virus
- Courage for wife seeking leniency of the court; healing for husband
- Healing mercies for family – virus victims isolating at home
- Mother w/ leukemia, for stamina & ability to continue chemo
- Continued prayers for beloved mother w/ virus & worried family
- Upholding member in great stress, broken family relationships
- Wisdom & focus for member taking 4-day intensive course
- God’s peace & comfort for all grieving recent deaths of loved ones
- Healing of young couple recovering from virus at home
- Healing of beloved wife diagnosed tumor, courage for caring family
Spirit of Newness, kindle within us that new light of hope that never dims, that our spirits might somehow brighten the days of our overburdened brothers and sisters. whom you have asked us to comfort. Remembering your grace and glory, we offer the ageless prayer taught us by our Redeemer:
Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen.