BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Prayers for the Church Street Family
November 2, 2020
Great is thy faithfulness, O God…
Morning by morning new mercies we see.
O Holy One, with the sounds of the bells still faintly ringing in the distance, we find ourselves still longing to linger in yesterday’s celebration of All Saints Day. As we worshipped together, though physically separated, we found comfort and assurance, strength and hope. Your presence came to us in so many forms – the magnificent processional, the glorious sounds of the organ and singers, the read and spoken word. We could not help but feel that great cloud of witnesses standing with you and flooding our hearts and minds with love and peace.
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not;
As Thou hast been, Thou forever wilt be.
O Faithful One, we are surrounded by so much uncertainty, and it is so easy for fear and anxiety to take hold, causing us to forget who we are and Whose we are. Help us to breathe deeply in your Spirit, opening our hearts to the many ways in which you reach out to us, and assuring us that, in those times when we stumble, you will carry us.
Comforting One, we lift to you this day the many concerns and needs within our church family, our community, our nation, and our world. Where we can be your hands and feet of comfort, assurance, and hope – whatever form that may take – gently nudge us and send us forth in the name of Christ.
- Thankful that niece in Missouri is improving from virus
- Gratitude: Pastor recovering from grave illness, home from hospital
- Member grateful for prayers – she has landed the job she desired
- Thanksgiving that a mother will be released from rehab today
- Grateful for prayers: Members felt support as they buried a loved one
- Two sons with major addictions, that they may pursue and find healing
- Prayers for wife this week at Mayo Clinic for further diagnosis of brain malady; safety and comfort for her faithful family
- Prayers for beloved grandson with autism, for healing of his most recent attempts to harm himself
- Strength for friend with metastatic cancer, wisdom for her physicians
- Granddaughter (18) with virus, protection for family, especially her father
- Prayers that a court ruling on November 9 will be lenient
- Healing of granddaughter (16) very ill with gastroparesis
- Re-building of a business adversely affected by Covid-19 restrictions
- Healing for best friend in North Carolina with virus; that her family is not infected
- Continued prayers for young wife battling leukemia
- Healing of dear friend – young man in critical care, battling Covid-19
- Sustaining prayers for mother in hospice care
- Nephew in Missouri on ventilator, in serious condition, with Covid-19
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow…
Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord, unto me.
O Renewer of Life, send us forth into this new day with renewed hope and renewed spirits, reminding us that the great cloud of witnesses we celebrated yesterday are ringing bells for us on our life journey. May our thanksgiving for the lives they lived among us become thanksgiving, that we too may faithfully walk the path you set before.
In sure and certain hope of your constant presence and abiding love, we offer the prayer Christ taught us….
Our Father, who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, forever. Amen.
Special thanks to Rev. Pat Clendenen for contributing to this week’s prayers.