BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
May 3, 2020
“All we like sheep have gone astray,” attests the ancient prophet. As it was an apt description in his era, so does his assertion ring true in our own century. How closely we resemble the easily-rattled sheep. At the first sign of trouble, we waver, become confused, and feel our knees wobble. Often we wander aimlessly ahead, unmindful of the pitfalls that may exist. And when danger meets us on that lonely trail, we cry out for the Master to spring to our rescue. We know he is ever listening and his searching will not cease until we are returned to the fold, safe in his care. What wondrous love is this – so undeserved, yet freely bestowed?
Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
This Sabbath, we celebrate that Good Shepherd who was wounded for our sakes, yet rose in splendor and majesty to become the Gate through which all must enter to receive his gift of eternal life. “Come,” he says, “take my yoke upon you, for my yoke is easy and my burden light.” He leads us beside sparkling streams, refreshes us with rest in his green fields, and restores our souls which we thought were lost forever.
Lord in your mercy, hear our prayer.
Cleanse our thoughts and our intentions in this hour, we pray, as you are working to redeem us day by day. We know we will err again before nightfall, but in these moments, wash us with your purest water of grace; then we shall be fit to live in your wide pastures. And receive now these prayers and pleas offered by your flock, our brothers and sisters of Church Street:
- Gratitude for prayers: a father in ICU has miraculously come through a 3rd surgery, has taken a few steps & has spoken with loved ones; please continue to pray for healing.
- A husband offers gratitude for his 45th wedding anniversary today
- A couple rejoices that they were able to see their young grandchildren for the first time in 2 months
- Faithful member rejoices that the love of God has filled his heart in this time of isolation
- Gratitude that a young professor tested negative for COVID-19, but other tests revealed a mild stroke: pray for wisdom for those making treatment plans
- A mother with renal failure shows signs of improving; continued prayers are appreciated
- Prayers today for all who join at graveside in celebrating the life of an adored mother
- Safety for all who are returning to work
- Touch the hearts of grieving friends making funeral plans for loved ones
- Wisdom for hospital administrators & health-related offices as they open their facilities
- A businessman and his family under great stress due to economic downturn
- Prayers for a mother of teenagers who faces a dilemma; for her courage, wisdom and strength
- A young adult son who remains in a coma
- A young wife in Texas just diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer; for distraught family
This small effort of prayer we offer this day, knowing that our mere words break apart when we consider the depth of the Good Shepherd’s love; yet it is in his house of mercy we hope to dwell forever and ever:
Our father who are in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.
Join Church Street for Worship today!
Click here for the direct link to our Sunday morning worship online, premiering at 10 am and available any time after that.