BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
June 16, 2020
The old preacher tells us there is a season for everything under the sun. Yes, that is true; and yes, this is a season for weeping. Our tears flow freely as we consider what we have lost in our nation. We are far more fragile than we assumed. We will never forget windows crashing in the night, sirens screaming, rushing crowds chanting retribution, looters taking advantage of the chaos. All point to the bitter unrest within our souls. Forgive us, Good Lord, for the part we have played in this pent-up frustration. If all the tears of the grieving were collected, there would be more than enough to drench the earth.
Father in heaven, hear us.
O Good Shepherd, your sheep have all scattered and have gone their own way. Some huddle in little groups trying to map out a way to get back to the fold. Others plot a different course entirely. Still others are too weary to travel, and some carry only vague memories of home, having even forgotten who they are. Give us courage and wisdom, we pray, to find the highway of hope that leads to your door. And once we step upon it, even the weakest among us will hear your voice calling. Then we will remember we belong to your holy flock, and you will not rest until each is accounted for.
Father in heaven, lead us home.
Eternal One, this day we remember the mercy your Son showed to those who existed among the unrelenting shadows in your day – the ones in pain of one sort or another. We, as they, want instant healing from all that ails us, but sometimes we have to live through the pain in order to find your grace as we endure. And on the other side, you are there to celebrate with us. Still, as Jesus asked, we lay our present cares and burdens before you, knowing we are not forgotten:
- Two college graduates celebrate their new jobs
- Thankful for prayers – signs of healing appearing within a family
- Thank you for prayers – dear friend’s malignancy seems to be improving
- Gratitude for prayers: a head wound is healing appropriately
- Easing of a member’s side effects from cancer treatments
- Three struggling with depression, please pray for healing
- Calming grace for a mother undergoing important medical tests soon
- Courage for a sister in San Antonio having surgery today, that all may go well
- Continued healing & patience for an ill member recovering at home
- Guidance for a professional, making decisions about future employment
- Prayers for our incoming pastors: Rev. Catherine Nance & Rev. Tim Best
- A couple searching for a one-level home & the husband with heart issues
- Prayers that a home remodel will be completed soon, patience for owners
- A family struggling to make it financially
- Two friends who are mourning the deaths of mothers & grandmother
Father in heaven, heal us.
Where would we be, O Greatest Friend, if you were not with us? For you are our Everlasting Hope, always receiving our prayers and praise, and always remolding our souls to more closely resemble the flawless soul of your treasured Son, who taught us to pray:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.