BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
July 24, 2020
Forgive the casual way in which we frequently speak of you, O Sacred One, as if we carried you in our hip pockets. By your pity, pardon our habit of using your name in such an offhand manner in our everyday conversations. Erase these slights, O Master, for we truly know you are the Source of All That Is. Infuse us with that deference you so deserve, and in these moments we, your servants, bow our heads and offer our silent prayers of adoration . . .
God of Glory, receive our prayer.
We know, O Lord, that your arms open wide to receive one and all, but why is your pathway so narrow? Perhaps the lane is only the width of a shoe, for we keep losing our balance and stumbling off the slim edges. The crevices on either side are threatening, the pull of earthly desires is strong, and we admit we have taken our share of falls. Help us to train our eyes on your blessed figure in the distance to hold us steady. And when we topple, which we surely will, give us strength to climb back onto that slender trail once more and head in the right direction.
God of Glory, receive our prayer.
And as we seek to do your will in all things, O Waiting One, we pray for your people who inhabit our Mother Earth, for those whose names and faces are known only to you. All creeds and colors are walking the same road to your glory. Whether early on the path or late in coming, you keep your light burning and watch for us. In whatever state we travelers find ourselves, may we all find your mercy. And we daily witness the glory of your grace working in the lives of our own community of faith, here in our small corner of the world:
- Thankful for prayers: a sister’s heart procedure was successful
- Member grateful – was selected to be part of important drug trial
- Gratitude for prayers: a pregnancy is now going smoothly
- Grateful: husband is home from hospital following kidney surgery
- Prayers appreciated: wounded family pet now home from hospital
- Please pray for grieving family, burying a beloved young father Saturday
- Prayers for 3 members studying for the bar exam
- Prayers for a grieving son whose mother died on Thursday
- Continued strength for a son helping his mother in hospice care
- Healing for our nation, for violence & bitterness to end
- Close friend facing enduring weeks of harsh chemo treatment
- Son with virus symptoms; protection for his family
- Please pray for a family of 4, healing from Covid-19
- Peace and healing of member with continued heart difficulties
Loving Spirit, accept this effort of prayer, and knit us together as a strong church family, ever singing in our hearts our chorus of praise. Your melody of love is carried by the wind, touching every cherished soul. Grant us wisdom to pause throughout this day to savor that gentle breeze, to inhale your holiness, knowing it is Christ himself who breathes in us, empowering us to work in his name.
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.