BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
July 20, 2020
Generous are you, O God, for you overlook our scattered thoughts and those wanderings of our minds that keep us from centering on you. In these moments, may we be still in this morning’s light to simply breathe in your holy calm and breathe out our anxieties. May we breathe in your love and breath out that same love to our hurting world … Stir the air with the breath of heaven that all might feel the gentle breeze of your love at some instant of this day.
Sacred One, hear our prayer.
In the daylight we find hope, and in the late hours we find renewal as you keep watch over us. For you, O Holy One, never sleep and are always ready to wait with those whom sleep eludes. Comfort, we pray, those who cannot rest because of illness, pain, or fear; for those whose eyes will not close as they worry about finances, joblessness, straying family members; for those caregivers who cannot sleep, lest they miss the call of the loved one in need. Be with each of these, O Lord, for we know your presence can help lift all burdens. And also, hear these joys and sorrows that are brought by your children at Church Street:
- Thanksgiving for a healthy baby daughter – born July 17
- Gratitude for prayers – heart cath on Friday had good results
- Surgical procedure on Friday went smoothly – prayers appreciated
- Eye procedure went well, please continue prayers for full healing
- 2 happy couples celebrated their marriages on Saturday
- Strength for friend to endure 6 weeks of heavy chemo
- Family of a young father who died on Saturday, courage & solace
- Prayers for husband having a kidney removed today
- Healing husband ICU on ventilator; his wife suffers kidney disease
- Recovery for daughter w/ deep emotional scars, for troubled parents
- A broken family, for forgiveness, understanding, & a way forward
- Continued prayers for solid caretakers for Sterchi Lodge
- That an effective vaccine for the virus may be found soon
- Tiny premature baby in NICU, guarded condition & anxious parents
- Dear mentor who is near death — grace & peace for all standing by
- Healing for a young son & 2 close friends diagnosed with Covid-19
- Healing for mother & daughter hospitalized with Covid-19
- Prayers for 4 awaiting results of virus tests, for negative results
We place our trust in you, Faithful One, knowing you accept even the smallest prayer offered in humility. We also acknowledge that all we are, all that we have, all that we know, and all we hope to be comes from your constant care.
Sacred One, hear our prayer.
Receive all our prayers offered on this day that you have given us, O Lord, and also hear again those precious words that were taught us long ago by your Favored Son:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.
Devotion at Noon Today!
Join us on Facebook at noon today for a devotion with Rev. Catherine Clark Nance!