BINDING SOUL AND SOURCE
Daily Prayers of the Church Street family
July 13, 2020
O Weaver of Goodness, on even murky days, you lace bright strands of blue and yellow within the hours to show us all is not lost. You embroider translucence here and there in the most shadowed moments to tell us we are loved. You choose greens and golds to remind us that you are nurturing our resilience. Your needlework is unsurpassed! May we hold this day tenderly, realizing your exquisite artistry is ever at work, weaving assurance, hope, and joy into our lives.
God of Love, hear our prayer.
O Love that Encircles us, we have accepted your call to discipleship and we honor your invitation to pray. Help us to follow that quiet pattern of prayer set for us by Jesus himself. The Spirit will help us in our weakness, for we rarely know how to express what is going on in our hearts. We keep returning to the same old sins, even though we had every intention of doing better. We are deeply troubled by the pain in our nation and in our world. We feel impotent in helping loved ones who bear such great burdens. Listen now, Good Lord, as we once again turn our struggles over to you . . . And attend also to these friends in our Church Street family who call out to you this day:
- Grateful for prayers: young son’s heart surgery on Friday was successful
- Happy couple celebrate the blessing of their 36th wedding anniversary
- Thankful for all on the front lines alleviating pain of virus patients
- Gratitude for a mother’s wonderful example, died Saturday, age 100
- One offers thanks for a rare visit with an old friend
- Healing for a young man diagnosed with Covid-19
- Prayers that virus tests for those recently exposed are negative
- Prayers for a wife with a mass on brain, facing more tests today
- Healing mercies & calm for a member with recent eye damage
- Upholding daughter whose mother was placed on hospice on Friday
- Pastors leading a graveside service today, that the family will be comforted
- Healing: Close friend with leukemia that is not responsive to treatment
- Healing prayers for a frightened nephew (nurse in KY) with Covid-19 & protection for other family members who await test results
- Four families mourning the recent deaths of loved ones
- Physician nephew in 11th day of isolation; his wife & 3 sons all well
God of Love, hear our prayer.
We are aware, O Wise One, that you are not impressed by fancy words or well-turned phrases. Perchance you even shiver when we offer another flowery stanza of praise. Still you bear with us, knowing that we do try to please you. And in truth, our words are of little consequence, for it is our earnest attention you desire. Humble our hearts, we pray, that we might always come to you as we are, without flourish or pretense, as we offer that perfect prayer that Jesus taught:
Our Father who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name. Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil, for thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory forever. Amen.
Have a prayer request?
Submit your request confidentially online, and our prayer team will be in prayer with and for you.
Join us for a midday devotion
Head to Facebook at noon today for a devotion with Rev. Tim Best!