Today, we are delighted to share a video featuring Laura Still, who is a longtime Church Street member and Children’s Ministry volunteer. You have probably seen her on a Children’s Sunday directing kids in skits during worship, or behind the scenes at the annual Christmas Pageant.
But she is known to our children for the creative and dramatic arts she uses to bring the stories of the Bible alive in the Drama room on the third floor of our Education building. If you don’t have a child, you’ve probably not seen it. So we invite you to listen to Laura’s story about her love of Church Street and explore this foundational ministry in the life of our church.
Children’s Ministry by the numbers: If you don’t have children or grandchildren, you may not know the breadth or depth of how the program engages our kids.
- Camp Hogwarts: 30 children attended
- VBS (Vacation Bible School): 38 children attended
- Fall Festival: around 300 attendees, including their grown-ups!
- Average of 12 children in the Nursery each week
- 76 children on our Children’s Ministry roll
Other activities for children include Mission events, special worship nights, summer fabulous fun days, 3rd grade Bibles, older elementary retreat weekends, and more opportunities to grow and participate fully in the connection that Church Street offers.
Don’t miss what is coming up in Children’s Ministry:
- Sunday, December 4, 5-7 pm: Advent Craft Festival and Potluck (Parish Hall and Gym)
- Sunday, December 18, 9:45 am: Christmas Pageant! Children go to Sunday School classes and then head to the gym once they have their costumes! Christmas Pageant is followed by coffee and cookies and a time of fellowship in the gym.
- Saturday, December 24, 3 pm: Family Christmas Eve Service. Children are invited to explore the nave, build the creche, and hear the familiar story of Christmas. Candlelight and communion at each Christmas Eve service.
If you are interested in working with our Children’s Ministry, please contact Katryn Bancroft, Children’s Director, at kbancroftATchurchstreetumcDOTorg.