I am so excited to spend next weekend together at Resurrection!! This email contains everything you need to know to prepare for this event. If you have any questions at all, please let me know.
Grace and peace,
*Please note, the schedule for this event is different from past Resurrections and will require an earlier departure on Friday night and an earlier return on Sunday.
Preparing our Hearts
The focus verse for this year’s Resurrection is Ephesians 4:4-6 — “You are one body and one spirit, just as God also called you in one hope. There is one Lord, one faith, one baptism, and one God and Father of all, who is over all, through all, and in all.”
As we do the work of packing and planning, let us also spend time reflecting and meditating on these words. Let us arrive at our sessions eager to learn more about God and His love!
To learn more about the Resurrection event schedule, please click here. The event has moved to one session instead of two. The schedule below includes travel on Friday & Sunday.
5:00 Arrive at Church Street in the Youth Department (Chick-fil-a dinner is provided)
5:30 Meeting with students & Dinner
6:00 Depart for Pigeon Forge
8:00 Session I
8:30 Session IV
11:00 Depart from Pigeon Forge (snacks on the road, will not eat lunch)
12:00-12:30 Arrive at Church Street
- warm, casual clothes
- coat, gloves, hat
- water bottle
- shoes (good for walking)
- swim suit
- beach towel
- rain jacket
- spending money (for REZ23 t-shirt)
- snack to share
When you arrive at Church Street on Friday, please do the following things:
- load your luggage on the trailer
- keep any “carry on” items with you and take them in the vans (backpacks, purses, pillows, etc) in the 11th-12th grade room – please be sure to keep all your stuff together
- check in and turn in any forms or payments
- put your snack in the worship room by the stage
- grab dinner from the kitchen
We are going to the King of the Mountain Lodge! Your rooms have been assigned in advance. We will share all our meals in the cabin and will all help out in the kitchen.
We will talk about these more on Friday, but please keep these guidelines in mind for the weekend.
- You will travel in the same van all weekend. No switching around.
- The chaperone who checks your room at night will also be your chaperone in the Convention Center.
- You must stay in groups of 3 at all times.
- There is a Starbucks kiosk at the Convention Center. We will not be using it. The lines are too long and you miss part of the session when you get in line. There will be coffee at the cabin if you are wanting some.
- Your rooms in the cabin will be assigned.
- Everyone will have different tasks throughout the weekend to help things run smoothly and contribute to our group. Please do your jobs in a timely and joyful way!
- There is a movie room in the cabin. You can bring movies to watch remembering:
- they must be G or PG rated
- lights out still means lights out – even if it isn’t done
- movies will be voted on by the majority planning to watch – democracy, people
- There is also a pool and hot tubs at the cabin. There will be designated times for these to be used.